This website is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not modify, reproduce or distribute (a). the content on the website (other than as set forth herein), (b). the design or layout of the website or individual sections of its design or layout or (c). the NOF logos without NOF’s written permission.
As the nation’s leading national organization dedicated to reducing the incidence of osteoporosis, the National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF) receives requests from organizations, individuals and groups to reprint NOF materials. In keeping with the Foundation’s mission to promote accurate, balanced and current information, NOF may grant, on a case-by-case basis, permission to reprint certain of its copyrighted materials to commercial and non-profit entities wishing to publish educational or informational materials on osteoporosis, provided the following conditions are met:
1. NOF must determine, in its sole discretion, that the use proposed by the Requestor is consistent with NOF’s mission to advance the field through educational information that is accurate, balanced and current.
2. The Requestor must agree to use the requested material in its original form and medium, unless NOF grants specific written permission to the Requestor to edit, modify or change the format of the material. The Requestor must submit a prepress sample of the modified material to NOF for approval and NOF must provide approval in writing before Requestor prints the material.
3. The requesting party agrees to provide a final copy of the material to NOF once it is completed.
4. The Requestor recognizes that NOF’s permission, if granted, will allow Requestor to use the materials one-time only in the manner requested.
5. The Requestor may not give any other party permission to reprint the material NOF has granted permission for the Requestor to reprint.
6. The Requestor agrees not to contest or dispute NOF’s ownership of the material or its copyright rights therein.
7. The Requestor must identify and credit NOF as the source of the material with the following statement, Reprinted with permission from the National Osteoporosis Foundation, Washington, DC 20036. Title, publication date and statement: All rights reserved.
8. The publication will enhance the image, reputation and position of NOF. To assess this, the requestor shall provide samples of other publications he/she has produced.
9. Except in special circumstances, for which NOF must provide advance written permission, NOF will grant Requestor permission to use material that constitutes (1) less than 10% of the overall publication from which it is taken and (2) no more than 50% of the article or publication into which it will be reprinted.
All parties requesting this service are required to complete the National Osteoporosis Foundation Publication Reprint Application Form at least four weeks prior to proposed publication.
Please complete and send the form to NOF at:
Fax: (703) 414-3742